For years a certain journalist has wryly remarked “that the Democrats have the world’s most effective public-relations team: the U.S. media.” This has now been proven yet again after the Mueller report’s release and the collapse of the Trump/Russia/collusion story.
Consider how House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) announced a pivot Monday, stating that henceforth the Democrat Party’s focus would be healthcare and, she told the media, that she hopes “the press focuses [on] healthcare,” too. And what do you think CNN — whose reportage had basically been all Trump/collusion all the time — changed its focus to Tuesday and beyond?
If you guessed “healthcare,” step to the head of the class.
Fox News host Tucker Carlson reported on this last evening in a must-watch television monologue. Describing the Mueller-report release’s effect on the liberal media, he stated:
These are the people who would stake their reputations and their fortunes on the collusion hoax — and they were stunned. Befuddled politicians stammered on television, trying to figure out what to say about the news. Viewers of liberal media outlets didn’t want to hear anything about it. Huge numbers of them just quit watching immediately. On Tuesday night, CNN’s 8 p.m. show lost nearly 50 percent of its viewers.
But never fear, Pelosi is here. As Carlson later informed:
“I hope the press focuses healthcare,” Pelosi said. She didn't have to ask twice.…To Jeff Zucker and the anchors who work for him at CNN, Pelosi isn’t just a politician, she’s the leader of the party — their party. The party under whose banner Zucker has said he may someday run for office.
When America’s most powerful Democrat speaks, CNN listens with pen in hand.…The rundowns of every primetime show were scrapped and rebuilt. Gone were the segments about office towers in Moscow and Carter Page’s spying and Don Jr. going to prison. In their place, long editorials about healthcare. The Democratic healthcare plan is sensible and necessary, CNN told us. The Republican plan — cruel and heartless.
Between 7 p.m. and midnight Tuesday night, every show on CNN followed Nancy Pelosi’s instructions. Every single show talked about healthcare, and every single one channeled Nancy Pelosi’s views on healthcare. She could have been writing the scripts; maybe she was.
Carlson also related that “they were back at it on Wednesday morning, assiduously” — starting at 6:00 a.m. (video below).
This is nothing new, of course. Here are just a few examples of media working hand-in-glove with the Democrat establishment:
• In a 2016 Los Angeles Times piece, columnist Justin Raimondo complained the “journalists have dispensed with objectivity.” “DNC emails, published by Wikileaks, reveal a stunning level of collaboration between important media outlets and the Democrats,” he wrote. “Former DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz sought to silence NBC’s Mika Brzezinski, who had found fault with the DNC’s role in the  primaries.”
• It was learned in 2016 that CNN political commentator Donna Brazile had “improperly supplied Hillary Clinton’s campaign with advance knowledge of questions to be posed to her during Democratic campaign events hosted by the news network,” as Snopes reported.
• In 2012, CNN “moderator” Candy Crowley unprofessionally inserted herself into a presidential debate, coming to the defense of then-president Barack Obama and contradicting GOP nominee Mitt Romney. Worse, still, it was later shown that her “correction” of Romney was essentially incorrect.
• In 2010, there was the JournoList Scandal, involving an online meeting place where reporters colluded to slant the news in the Democrats’ favor; this proved that not all media bias was unintentional.
• In 2004, famed newsman Dan Rather’s career was ended upon discovery that he’d peddled forged documents purporting to show that Republican president George W. Bush had shirked his Texas Air National Guard duties in the 1960s and 1970s.
Moreover, while the mainstream media can act as if they’re shocked at Mueller’s vindication of Trump, it appears they knew the collusion story was a lie all along.
Just consider the 2017 Project Veritas (PV) video below, in which a CNN producer was caught on hidden camera admitting the story was b***s**t (warning: The videos below contain some vulgarity).
Here’s a PV video in which former Obama “Green Jobs Czar” and CNN figure Van Jones confessed that the story was a “nothing burger”:
So why did the Counterfeit News Network (CNN) peddle such a brazen lie? First, it comprises leftists who hate conservatives. Second, remember that Tuesday 50-percent drop in CNN viewership?
That’s basically what the station’s reach would have been all along without the politics-porn collusion story.
And why did CNN think it could get away with the lie? This is explained in another 2017 PV video, the one below in which a CNN producer calls voters “stupid as s***.”
But CNN has good reason to believe it can con its way out of everything: Not only is the station still in business, but media manipulation does serve to sway votes.
Note here that UCLA political science professor Tim Groseclose — author of the 2011 book Left Turn — reported that media “bias aids Democratic candidates by about 8 to 10 percentage points in a typical election.”
Then there’s the new-media bias. It was just revealed that Wikipedia editors have been scrubbing from their site negative information about left-wing political, media, and tech figures in exchange for money (bribes, in essence).
There’s also the longstanding social-media — Facebook, Twitter, etc. — and Google censorship of conservatives. This tech-giant manipulation, said psychologist Robert Epstein last year (video below) after studying the matter, had the capacity to shift “upwards of 12 million votes” in the November 6 elections.
So CNN and other enemedia, standard and social, do believe they can get away with fooling most of the people most of the time, and for good reason: They always have.